Invalid binary header message only returns 500 bytes from stream

Hi,

When we get Invalid Binary Header errors from our customers, the stream contents are included in the error message.

We can see that the stream is an HTML document, but the 500 limit is preventing us from seeing the actual page contents - we just get a load of CSS style info etc.

Is there a way to get more than 500 bytes so we can examine the page contents?

Thanks

you can update RaiseInvalidStreamError method from uROClasses.pas:

procedure RaiseInvalidStreamError(const anErrorMessage : string; const someParams : array of const; iStream:TStream);
  lSize := iStream.Size;
  if lSize > 500 then lSize := 500; //<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Ok thanks, I’ll do that.

Could you perhaps think about making this a variable of some sort?

It’d be easier for developers to change dynamically

Thanks

One more thing… when I change that value - which packages should I recompile to get it to take affect?

Thanks

this is first request for such thing :slight_smile:
usually this mean that something is wrong and it should never caught in usual work

this unit belongs to RO_Core

Thanks Evgeny.

Getting more of the stream is useful for me, because my customers are arguing that the fault is at server end when I think the fault is at client - end.

So, if I could get the entire HTML page contents it would give me more of a clue as to which firewall, or proxy server is blocking the communications :smile:

usually it isn’t needed. your case is rare one :slight_smile:

It may be rare to RemObjects, but it’s quite common here.

We sell full systems to customers, including server and client. They deploy client to remote locations and try to connect to server at another site. The connections have to go out of one enterprise level infrastructure and into another - and always take many tries to get working okay. Often we have to bypass their internal proxy servers. In this case, customer is arguing that it’s our software fault but in fact it is obvious it’s communications at fault. Hence why I need proof - they won’t investigate without it.

Thanks, logged as bugs://77547

1 Like

bugs://77547 got closed with status fixed.

1 Like

I’ve added InvalidStreamErrorSize variable for changing this value.

1 Like

You guys rock :smile:

1 Like

Logged as bugs://i65234.

bugs://i65234 was closed as fixed.