iOS deploy.target to 8.4 do not start

I had to check strange crash on iPhone6 only and noticed that I deployment target to to 8.3 SDK while have installed 8.4. So I switch in VS to 8.4 and try to run on simulator = fail. Trying on Fire also fail. Can You check if this is my problem on mac or 8.4 is not supported? Deploying with SDK 8.4 to phone works.

b.r.

Can you give a bit more detail? how does it fail, what’s the error?

Here is:

b.r.

Curious. Do you see any detailed output from crossboxhelper in Console.app on the Mac?

Last 2 lines. Previous are linking info:

02.09.2015 17:48:26,608 crossbox[477]: Running /Applications/~CrossBox.app/Contents/Resources/crossboxhelper --devicetype iphone --64bit --retina --4inch --simulator-debug “/Users/none/Library/Application Support/RemObjects Software/Oxygene/CrossBox/8bb7937b-ad5e-4349-95b0-df9b63007047-mobileterminal/Debug/iOS Simulator/MobileTerminal.app/MobileTerminal”

02.09.2015 17:48:58,041 crossbox[477]: RemObjects Oxygene CrossBox Helper 1.25: Run on Simulator

Simulator: SDK: iOS 8.3
SymbolsFolder=/Library/Developer/CoreSimulator/Profiles/Runtimes/iOS 8.3.simruntime/Contents/Resources/RuntimeRoot
Simulator: device name: iPhone 5s
Architecture=x86_64
StdOut=/Users/none/Library/Developer/CoreSimulator/Devices/71C48872-FC2E-4E92-BA91-1CEF0A5799E1/data/stdout.txt
Error=Simlator session failed to start. (The operation couldn’t be completed. (FBSOpenApplicationErrorDomain error 6.))

Hm, ok. That’s not very helpful. unfortunately the simulator APIs suck :(.

Can you make sure that your active version of Xcode has 8.4 simulators installed? Also, maybe try rebooting (sometimes the Sim gets in a bad state and only reboot will fix it).

Okay will reboot. Yep I’m sure that 8.4 simulator is installed. I can run code from Xcode with 8.4 SDK and simulator show me that is 8.4 running.
Will let You know.

[EDIT]
Reboot do not help. As I mentioned, deployed app from Xcode working.
It’s working for You for 8.4 from VS or Fire?

b.r.

1 Like

Found problem. Missing directories (anyhow) in:

C:\Program Files (x86)\RemObjects Software\Elements\Nougat\SDKs

Was missing from 7.1 to 8.3 SDK ver. New update installation fix it.
I mark it as solution. Maybe someone will need it.

b.r.

Yes, we’re dropping older SDKs from the default install for Elements 8.2. Gotta keep this manageable, and pretty much everybody builds for the latest release. We’ll keep including 8.4 even ow that 9.0 is out, but not older ones. Similar 10.10.