Is databastract server compatible with net core?

Im starting a new project and want to know that. Also will appreciate if somebody test on raspberry pi will help.

Best regards

It will be.
Currently it is possible to use server part of RO SDK on .NET Core, however this is an experimental feature too.

Theres any time frame for that?

Somewhere around end of this year, I hope. Still, this is not exact ETA, as I cannot predict all caveats

1 Like

In this year is most than acceptable for me. If I can be envolved in help (testing) let me know.

1 Like

Any sample for RO SDK Server on net core? The actual template is for mono (Visual)

It is in the Work-In-Progress status

Remoting SDK server running on .NET Core 2.2 on Ubuntu

1 Like

Great! I have to ask if apply for DA server also.

Best regards

DA is in the WIP state. There’s a lot of rough edges to handle.

Even for RO SDK there are things like “for .NET Core app should always be started in console mode (existing behavior defaults to GUI mode)” and so on

Hi antonk,

I wanted to use DA in a ASP.NET core site like the example for ASP.NET MVC application example. I seen that RO SDK is available .NET core, is there now something for DA? If not is that something in the works coming up?

Howie

Hello.

Yes, we do ship both .NET Core and .NET Standard versions of Data Abstract.

Here is the updated version of the article: https://talk.remobjects.com/t/documentation-and-examples-are-available-in-net-core-roda/19597/15

After the holidays it will be moved to the docs site as well (I was double-checking it and updating to .NET Core 3+)

thank you Anton, that is exactly what I was looking for.

1 Like

Hi Anton,

I tried this version on core 2.1 but I cant figure out how to resolve in your startup.cs class:

connectionManager.LoadFromXml(resourceXml);

I added the import for using System.Xml; which resolved the var resourceXml = new XmlDocument(); but I don’t see how I can resolve connectionManager as it appears to be a user variable not defined in this class.

I also tried to upgrade your article from core 2.1 and was trying to run it in 3.1. I followed your instruction in the DataAccess project that I added (it is .NET core project). I then Add NuGet package Microsoft.NETCore.Platforms (same version as the one used by the Web App 3.1)

Then I get to the adding of the startup.cs in the DataAccess project but I can’t get around the using statement. using Microsoft.AspNetCore.Builder; The issue is that is not showing as an available nuget to install in the project. I only see 2.2.0 for Microsoft.AspNetCore. In .NET core 3.x they changed the startup pipeline do you have any sample (statrtup.cs file) on how to change this to work in your sample or do you have a .zip sample of a working asp.net core I could download and try?

Thanks,

Howie

Hi Anton,

I did get it to work by adding:

var connectionManager = new RemObjects.DataAbstract.Server.ConnectionManager();

after the RemObjects.DataAbstract.Server.Configuration.Load();

I am not sure if this is the correct way or should this be defined somewhere else.

It would be great if you had a sample of this or in 3.X that shows how to do this with DTO’s and AutoMapper.

Thanks,

Howie

that should be fine/correct, yeah.

Here is the full article. It contains also contains sample project downloads (with and without AutoMapper):

https://docs.dataabstract.com/NET/Tutorials/ASPNETCoreTutorial/

Hi Anton,

Thank you very much for taking the time to put that together for me. This is exactly what I was looking for as I can use this base example / architecture in my project as a perfect starter template.

Thank you,
Howie