Is it possible to extract only the ROSDK methods when creating a new client to a custom DataAbstract server?

Hi,

We have a custom DataAbstract server and I am creating a client that will only use the SDK methods. When I click “Connect to Remote SDK Server” in Visual Studio and point it to the DataAbstract server(which contains the ROSDK methods as well as the DataAbstract data). It creates the interface(.intf) but brings in the DataAbstract references too. Is there a way to isolate these so when I connect using just RemObjects SDK I don’t have to manually modify the interface?

Thanks,
Todd

1 Like

Right now, I believe we only support importing the whole RODL. You could try what happens if you import the local .RODL file of your server (possibly removing the DA.rodl reference), instead of connecting to the server to get the live RODL, as a workaround…

Hi,

It will be a great thing to have “a way” to do such a thing. Currently what we do to avoid polluting the interface is to have the DataAbstract and ROSDK separated. This also allow us to use the DA service internally from the other ROSDK services. A bit of an overhead but it does the job.

Thanks, logged as bugs://80826