Is there someling like the C# 6 string interpolation expression in Oxygene?

Is there in Oxygene something like the $ string interpolation expression sugar of C# 6 or is anything planed?

Cut currently, no. We do support it in C# and Swift, but not in Oxygene. It’s something we have under consideration for the future though.

1 Like

Thanks, logged as bugs://75039

Already some updates, plans and ideas in this area?

Nothing at this stage, no. I’d love to get this looked at for the Intrepid Class release myself, as well. But we have a pretty full plate already, we’ll see.

2 Likes

Any plans, ideas on this?

Sorry, it’s not that I want to put any pressure on this. I know you have plenty of work and you came up with lots of new features.

I like it a lot in C# and so It’s just that it doesn’t get forgotten :wink:
(I have quite a lot of code that could benefit from this - oh, sorry, I said I don’t want to put any pressure on you :smiley: :joy: :rofl:)

No news yet, no, and it’s not on. our immediate short list, right now. I’ll bring it up for re-prioritization. with @ck.

1 Like

Cool. Sure it’s not a top feature but a nice goody. And I know it’s not so easy to always find a Pacalish syntax for this stuff. But yeah, Niklaus Wirth also constantly changed his mind what he thought was cool or not. We were never sure our code we wrote the day before will still run on todays compiler. (This was on the CDC 6000 at ETH when I was a student :smiley: )

I’ll probably better go back to my whisky and my cigar instead of floating this talk with history and nonsense … :wink:

1 Like

Hm, I see 80169: Oxygene string interpolation in 10.0.0.2287 change log.
Is this what I think it is? :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

And if it is, what’s the syntax? (sorry, can’t wait … :smiley: )

1 Like

$‘hello {Environment.username}!’

1 Like

Yeah, cool! Thanx! :sunny:

Essentially, same as C#, except two {{ to escape, instead of \{.

bugs://75039 got closed with status fixed.