License manager terminates immediately on launch

I’ve just updated a machine with the latest releases of Visual Studio and RemObjects SDK for .Net and All Clients. As with every update when I’ve loaded the Service Builder I’ve been asked to validate my license.

Unfortunately with this update the license manager now launches and immediately terminates, even when invoked directly from the command line and regardless of credentials/rights it is given.

Is this known to be an issue? If so, is there a workaround?

It’s not a known issue, do you get any error message or crash report? Can SB itself download your new license file? As a workaround, you can also manually download the license from the portal, as well…

There’s no error, it jumps straight from the command line back to the prompt. I can’t get into the Service Builder as the license requirement dialog comes up first.

I will download the license form the portal and try to apply it manually.

Looking for a guide as to how to apply it manually…is there a link to a guide available?

pls replace RemObjects.Everwood.LicenseManager.exe.config with attached one: RemObjects.Everwood.LicenseManager.exe.config.zip (401 Bytes)

after this, RemObjects.Everwood.LicenseManager.exe should work

Note: that file in C:\Program Files (x86)\RemObjects Software\Everwood\Bin folder

Thank-you. That has worked!

Now for lots of unrelated questions about code generation for .NET Core implementation using the SDK, but they can go in another thread.