Load balancing SDK .Net

Hi,

Using RO SDK 9.2.101.1295

Is it possible to probe servers in .Net like we can in Delphi?
Maybe I overlooked it, but I can’t seem to find things like ServerLocators and DispatchOptions.

Is it possible to have a .Net client ‘load balancing’?

Regards,

Filip.

1 Like

AFAIK it is not possible to do it via .Net client.

Second question will be, why not? which I will like also to know. It is quite useful and in a lot of (work)places load balancing servers/options are not that available.

Hello

No, there is no ServerLocators and DispatchOptions in Remoting SDK for .NET.

Yes, it is always possible to define a list of available servers (one can even fill it using ZeroConf) and to wrap server calls into a simple code that will switch to other server if one fails - this will just require sime more code.

Still instead of writing own solutions it might be better to setup a reverse-proxy (f.e. nginx) and use dedicated solutions for load balancing.

Regards

Hi Anton,

Thanks for your reply.

Even if we write some extra code or even use reverse-proxy solutions, our Delphi clients will not be able to probe .Net services. So, our problem persists…

Isn’t it safer to have these things deprecated in Delphi to avoid these problems in ‘mixed environments’ (or implement this functionality in .Net).

Regards,

Filip

Hello

I see what is the issue now.
So the main issue is to let Delphi clients to probe .NET servers? I think we can provide a solution for this in a few days. Or you do need a some kind of server probing for the .NET client part as well?

Regards

1 Like

Hi Anton,

It would be very nice if we had the same for .Net clients also.
We have Delphi and .Net services and we have Delphi and .Net clients.

Regards,

Filip

I’ll start with the server-side support implementation.
Please note that most probably the client-side support wll be limited to synchronous calls only.

I’ll post updates in this thread.

1 Like

Thanks, logged as bugs://78040

Hello

I’ve added Probe support to Http and Tcp server channels in .NET. The next Beta build should have this feature available.

Regards

UPDATE: Probe support for server SuperTcp and SuperHttp channels is also available now.

2 Likes