Load schema problem

Hi,
It always has the following error after upgrade the new version of 1517. Besides, I found it will not change the data type after click “recreate fields”. I need to repeat to close and open Schema Modeler. Besides retry to click “recreate fields”.

I can not answer this one myself, but I know one of the first questions the team will ask you on Monday is what kind of database this is and what driver you are using ;).

Hi,
I’m using MSSQL and using SDAC driver for all connections.

1 Like

Hello

Could you answer a couple of questions?

1. Expand the node representing broken connection (one with a red cross) and put the cursor over the “Unreachable connection” label. There will be a tooltip providing detailed connection failure info. What will it say?
    Example:
  2. Do these connection point ot local MS SQL instance or to a some remote server?
  3. Please provide step-by-step instruction how to reproduce this error:
    If possible, please also provide schema and SQL definition of this table

Thanks in advance

Hi,
About your question 1, it is random. I can’t reproduce it directly. I will capture the error about question 1 next time.
Question 3 is difficult reproduce because I need to change the SQL DB table structure and then re-update the schema. It is also random. Besides, I found it will not re-update the fields sometimes. I need to repeat the few times that close “Schema Modeler” and reopen it again.

Hi,
I captured the error as below.

After this error, I closed Schema and reopen it. The connections are normal. But “Update Fields” will have the following error. (I add the new field in SQL server)

Hi,

pls add these lines to ..\Data Abstract (Common)\Bin\RemObjects.DataAbstract.Unmanaged.ini

[Debug]
Debug=1

after error is raised in DASM, pls send to support@ this file:
%appdata%\RemObjects Software\Schema Modeler\RemObjects.DataAbstract.Unmanaged.log

Note: this file can contain private data

Hi,
I added your lines in “INI” file and tried to double click Schema in my project. It has an error and then try to find the log file. But I search it in full HDD that still can’t found the log.

Hi,

Have you restarted DASM after adding lines?

%appdata%\RemObjects Software\Schema Modeler\RemObjects.DataAbstract.Unmanaged.log

this is

C:\Users\YOUR_USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\RemObjects Software\Schema Modeler\RemObjects.DataAbstract.Unmanaged.log

Hi,
I tried to restart the computer that tested it again. But I also can’t find any folder like you said.

Hi,

weird, it works on my side:

edit: try to create C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\RemObjects Software\Schema Modeler folder manually

Hi,
It works now after I create the folder manually. I will send the log for you when I got the error again. Thanks!

1 Like