macOS High Sierra

Hello,

After upgrading to high sierra, my client App on macOS no longer able to connect to the server (another App) on the same machine, the server (and I can confirm) is running and listening on http://127.0.0.1:8099/BIN, but I am getting this exception from the client:
"An exception occurred on the server: stream error"
That seems to be triggered by a server side exception in class EZDecompressionError with message ‘stream error’ in the file uROZLib.pas (The server is written in Delphi, but the client is an Objective-C App)

All was working fine till I upgraded to the new macOS.

Much appreciated

I was able to solve the problem by setting the UseCompression to False on the ROBinMessage component on the server side (Delphi) and altering the generated code at the client side (Objective-C), replacing ROMessage with ROBinMessage and disabling the compression:
[__localMessage setUseCompression:FALSE];

But I am just wondering if only upgrading to the latest macOS high sierra have caused this! It is working now and am hoping it was the right way to resolve the issue.

Thanks

Strange. I’m not sure how just changing to High Sierra could break this, unless the new OS broke the included compression libraries. But tif that were the case, every RO app would be broken, and theres several I use daily that do use compression and do not fail.

Does this repro for you in a simple test case (say running one of the samples, with compression enabled), or just in your “real” project?