Message size Limit with TCP/NamedPipes transport

Hello,

I need to be able to send messages bigger than the 5Mb limit using either of these transports (or HTTP, but I haven’t been able to use that, see the other post), but I can’t find a way to change the limits for these transports, only for the SuperTCP, which doesn’t work for a web app client.

Thanks for your help

Hello

Assuming you’re using Binary Message you need to check its MaxDecompressedMessageSize and MaxMessageSize properties. By default they limit the size of incoming data stream to 5 Mb.

Regards

Ok, thanks. I will change the properties and report back if there are any other problems.

Where are these properties in the current RoSDK release?

They weren’t moved. You still can find them in the RemObjects.SDK.BinMessage class.

Oh, sorry, in Delphi also?

i have found ROChannel.MaxPackageSize (TROSuperTCPChannel)

what components (TROBinMessage, SuperTCP, etc ) are you using?
can you describe your problem, pls?

I use TROSuperTCPChannel and TRONamedPipeChannel with TROBinMessage

In general, I’d like to find out the limit to develop file upload handling. Which Filesize i can upload directly and which one needs to be splitted. In order then to possibly increase the limit a bit.

for TROSuperTCPChannel - you have to set the same MaxPackageSize on client and server.
for TRONamedPipeChannel we have no restrictions
for TROBinMessage we also have no restrictions, but you can disable compression if you send already compressed data, like .jpeg

Note: we use TMemoryStream, in x86 box, it has limitation to 2 gb.

1 Like