Microsoft.Office.Interop.Excel failure

Hi Marc,

Yes to both those questions.

My first test was just to add the references, Embed set to true for the Excel, but default of false for the office and vbe (as per screenshot).

Compiler issue. Yes, it does reproduce with the test case, just add in the office and vbe references, and set embed to true on excel AND the two additional references.

1 Like

Sorry about that. I couldn’t find the dlls for office so I couldn’t test actually adding the dependencies. You need the stdole dll too and then it should work (either way fixing the error now, which will be in todays build).

bugs://83556 got closed with status fixed.

With a reference to stdole.dll the sample now builds and runs, but I still get the same HRESULT of 0x80131047. Embed Interop Types is set to true for office, excel, vbe and stdole. The settings for all four references are as per the screenshot below.

Ok, then it seems this really is unrelated to the InteropTypes. Which explains why this was off in v8 and not a problem there…

@ck, any idea what else could be going on here? Paul, any chance you could make a simple identical testcase in Oxygene that fails with the error (not sure of your current testcase does, or if that only was supposed to reproduce the build error) and in VC# that works, so that we could compare the binaries?

thanx!

Yeah I’m looking at it now. I did find the assembly ref issue’s cause (but I don’t have office so I can’t actually test it)

1 Like

I think you’ll find what you need in the zip’s I sent last week (let me know if you need something different ?)

The debug binary of the C# one works, the Oxygene is the same code as we’re using now, other than the Embed interop / reference changes we’ve played with recently).

1 Like

I’m working on this. It won’t make it for todays build; but @mh will send you an updated build when it’s done. Probably monday.

bugs://83538 got closed with status fixed.

I’ve uploaded a new build for you.

Thanks Marc. I’ve just tried it in 10.0.0.2458 and that has cured the simple test case and the more comprehensive real world issue that triggered the ticket.

I think it will also cure the less well defined problem that I also eluded to above, but it could be January now (due customer freeze periods) before I’m able to push out a new version and prove that.

Cool, glad to hear!

Ok. Fingers crossed, and keep me posted how it goes!