(MSB4018) The "GenerateAndroidResources" task failed unexpectedly

So I’ve been fiddling with some my layout files, trying to style some listview items. It seems like every time I change a layout file, I get this:

Severity	Code	Description	Project	File	Line	Suppression State
Error		(MSB4018) The "GenerateAndroidResources" task failed unexpectedly.
System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection.
Parameter name: startIndex
   at System.String.IndexOf(Char value, Int32 startIndex, Int32 count)
   at System.String.IndexOf(Char value, Int32 startIndex)
   at k.l.TrySplitError(TaskLoggingHelper Log, Boolean aError, String aMsg)
   at k.l.A(TaskLoggingHelper , String , String , String , Boolean& )
   at RemObjects.Oxygene.MSBuild.Android.GenerateAndroidResources.Execute()
   at Microsoft.Build.BackEnd.TaskExecutionHost.Microsoft.Build.BackEnd.ITaskExecutionHost.Execute()
   at Microsoft.Build.BackEnd.TaskBuilder.<ExecuteInstantiatedTask>d__26.MoveNext()	com.XYZ.ABC	C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\RemObjects Software\Elements\RemObjects.Elements.Cooper.Android.targets	213	

and most of the time, if I clean the solution and do a rebuild all, this error goes away.

Unfortunately, I’m trying iterative changes to the layouts, so the edit / build / fail / clean / rebuild all cycle is not enjoyable. I haven’t built a test project yet to try and duplicate this so I can upload it to a dropbox. Let me know if that will be helpful.

Do you have a testcase that shows this?

Yes, I’m uploading the project now to Dropbox and I’ve emailed you a link to the folder for when it gets there.

Also, I don’t know if it made it into the beta yet, but I still can’t figure out how to view globals from another unit. Mouse-over of same would be really nice. :slight_smile:

Not going to be in this release but iirc there’s a bugid in another thread?

If the type loaded, FullNamespace.__Global.varname might work (as watch).