MSBuild not working with C# library project referenced from an Oxygene library project

The goal is for the EBuild-based target to handle everything, yes. The kind of stuff you’re seeing is exactly why we had to switch from using MSBuild for everything. It’s just that there’s some more corner-cases in the interaction between EBuild and non-Elements projects that we still have to find and work out.

This is still an issue in build (2447), the problem seems to stem from how the HintPath element is generated. If my current configuration is set to Debug and I add a C# project reference to an Oxygene project the HintPath gets set to eg “…\CSharpProj\bin\Debug\CSharpProj.dll”, without doing a build I switch to Release configuration and then try to build the Oxygene project, you’ll get an error saying it’s unable to resolve the CSharpProj reference.

Note that if there already existed a build of the CSharpProj in the Debug folder and I then build using Release configuration it will build, but obviously it’s used the existing Debug DLL and not the expected Release DLL

note: This is with MS C# and not Rem Objects C# and using Visual Studio

bugs://83394 got reopened.

bugs://83394 got closed with status fixed.