Multiple Schema problem

Hi,
I split a big schema to different schemas. But it can’t execute SQL when table move to small schema.

Hi,

Can you give more details?
have you set active schema that contains your SQL?

Hi,
I haven’t change active schema in SQL after split some tables to another schema. I expect it like the multiple connections that will handle in TClientDataModule.

Hi,

Can you create a simple testcase that reproduces this issue, pls?
I’ll review it - probably you have done something wrong

You can drop email to support@ for keeping privacy

Hi,
Could you provide the same statement for my reference? I have the typo that should be “I expect TDataService should handle multiple schemas by itself”.

Hi,

You can use OnValidateDatasetAccess events for changing active schema (i.e. ServiceSchema).

Enumerate your schemas and detect what schema contains your statement.

I had to do something similar, I wanted to split my schemas into more than one (separated by logic), but because you can only assign one schema to the DA Service module, I had merge them into one upon loading and assign the new schema so that the client could see all the tables and commands together.

Hi,

You could return full schema to client in OnGetSchemaAsXML event.

however better to create several data services so each service will have own schema

Hi,
If create serveral data services, then it needs to have serval “DataStreamer”, “DASqpProcessor”, “Schema” in each DataService. Right? Any sample or testcase for reference?

Hi,

yes, you are right.

by other hand, you can create “base” class where you can put all components and use it as ancestor for your other data services

Noted with thanks. I will try your solution later.