OLE Error importing interfaces from .NET assemblies

Hello,

When I try to import an interface into Delphi (2006) from a .NET assembly (.NET 4.5), I immediately get a message box with “OLE Error” after selecting the file to import from. Seems to happen for all assemblies.

There’s nothing special about the interface in question, it’s a small example that was originally generated by importing from Delphi and I was just testing out importing the other way and see it doesn’t seem to work. ComVisible is true.

Do you have to do something special to get this to work? Am I missing something? I have tried it on another example and that failed also.

Regards,

Rob H

Hello, this is known problem, unfortunately Delphi 2006 loads CLR 1.1 in its process, so its unable to use later versions of CLR.

As a workaround please use this tool. It does exactly the same as builtin importer. Hope this helps.

Same problem in newest version of Hydra. Using Delphi 2005 and .Net 4.5 (also tried 3.5 and 2.0 same issue).

Instantly get “Ole Error 80131700”

I know the original post is very old, and the reference to a tool in the reply no longer exists. Not sure where to go from here? Does anyone know where this “tool” is now?

Hello

Could you send the assembly you did try to import to support@ (in both .NET 3.5 and .NET 4.5 variations)?