Oxygene/C# mixed code

What the fresh hell is this?

if (list is not { Count: > 0 }) {}

(not saying it’s wrong, just saying it shows a sad state of where C# is going, as they try to compete with Swift for “least readable code possible” :(.

I can repro four real (potential) errors, I’ll log then individually, later today. the remaining (including "bad indent warning, I expect) are follow-ups due the compile getting to confused by nboit handing the previous issue that it emits more errors.

Also, I will never ever forgive them for adding “and” as a keyword. So bloody f••cing not-C#, and stupid, when & or && would have done just fine…

(> 32) and (< 212) => "liquid", // E17 Expression expected

:see_no_evil:

Me personally agree with you. Don’t bother fixing it.

Sorry, there is a mistaken solution uploaded. Here is the proper one.
GlobalTypeAlias.TC.zip (3.3 KB)

Logged as bugs://E26631. for (> 32) and (< 212) => "liquid", // E17 Expression expected

Logged as bugs://E26632. for (double First, double Second) tuple = (0.0, 1.0); // ERROR: ; expected,

Logged as bugs://E26633. for if (list is not { Count: > 0 }) {} // ERROR:

Can I get this testcase with all non-Elements dependencies included as .dll, not as (just) .csproj

TC.zip (2.9 KB)
here

1 Like

Logged as bugs://E26634. for the global using alias not being accessible from Oxygene

bugs://E26628 was closed as duplicate.

bugs://E26634 was closed as fixed.

bugs://E26632 was closed as fixed.

Is it going to be published in todays build ?

Yes. building now.

bugs://E26631 was closed as fixed.

bugs://E26633 was closed as fixed.

Hello,
it seems that we ran into another very similar issue as above with global type aliases, this time with global using static directive only working in C#, not in Oxygene files. I’m uploading a simple test case project, build used was 2583
TC.zip (43.8 KB)

1 Like

Logged as bugs://E26706.

bugs://E26706 was closed as fixed.