Rebuild RO and DA libraries with train

Any chance to access the train scripts to get that rebuild?

Best regards

Hi,

you can use these scripts: train.zip (8.5 KB)

for installing DA for Delphi 10.3.3 (compiling all dcu for all supported platforms), it uses these parameters:

Train.exe “-vRORoot=C:\Program Files (x86)\RemObjects Software\RemObjects SDK for Delphi” “-vEWRoot=C:\Program Files (x86)\RemObjects Software\Everwood” “-vDARoot=C:\Program Files (x86)\RemObjects Software\Data Abstract for Delphi” “-vEWVersion=4.7.0.865” “-vROVersion=10.0.0.1474” “-vDAVersion=10.0.0.1474” “-vDelphi_Versions=26” “-vCBuilder_Versions=26” “-vWin32=26” “-vWin64=26” “-vOSX32=26” “-vOSX64=26” “-vLinux64=26” “-vAndroid32=26” “-vAndroid64=26” “-viOSSimulator=26” “-viOSDevice32=26” “-viOSDevice64=26” “-vFMX=26” “-vServer=1” c_DA.train “-t=C:\Program Files (x86)\RemObjects Software\Data Abstract for Delphi\log.html” “-x=C:\Program Files (x86)\RemObjects Software\Data Abstract for Delphi\log.xml”

Note: you can check actual command line during installing RO/DA setup in TaskMan or Process Explorer. setup launches train.exe when build task is selected.

1 Like

Eugene,

since setup uses these scripts too, would it make sense to just leave them in place/deploy them (and train) somewhere, so all users can easily find/use them, if they so desire?

@mh: We can do this. Nowadays train and his scripts are put to temporary folder and removed after installing

1 Like

Let’s.

1 Like

Thanks, logged as bugs://84270

Need to add UNIDAC package. Try by myself without success. Also tray to remove iOS and android packages from the command line but IDE packages fails.

you can remove “-vAndroid32=26” “-vAndroid64=26” “-viOSSimulator=26” “-viOSDevice32=26” “-viOSDevice64=26” parameters

something like

buildDADelphiPackage(_version, ‘Drivers/DataAbstract_UniDACDriver’, define, ‘System;winapi;System.Win;Data.Win;Datasnap.Win;Web.Win;Soap.Win;Xml.Win;Bde’,_platform);

you may need to adjust namespaces , i.e. System;winapi;System.Win;Data.Win;Datasnap.Win;Web.Win;Soap.Win;Xml.Win;Bde; line

bugs://84270 got closed with status fixed.

Thanks, but it fails

dac270 is in the library path, btw.

the script is not taking the Delphi library path? or can I solved?

Best regards

Hi,

try to update DASearchPath variable or create personal method for creating unidac package where you can specify extra path

It build but the dcus have defects.

[dcc32 Fatal Error] uDataAbstractServerService.pas(70): F2051 Unit uRORemoteRODL was compiled with a different version of uROSystem.FreeOrDisposeOf

Trying to use on RIO. Win32.
uROremoteRODL and uRoSystem have the same time (1 minute difference). Any idea how to fix that?

I pointed to the dcu librarys for unidac and still cant build. Can please explain how to make that works? Thanks in advance!

can you check that you haven’t uRORemoteRODL.pas/uRORemoteRODL.dcu in another places?

unidac .dcp are present in the same folder?
what error is generated?

can you share your .train scripts? I’ll check them

No, actually I just open the project group for remobjects package and build by hand… And works…
Im forced to compile by hand every time because theres some little and minimal changes in the DA library, as the forced add of “” to fields, causing postgres take the field CASE it literally, a complete nonsense IMHO.

Neither cant install the IDE bpl generated for that scripts. RO_IDE, RO_SERVER_IDE, etc.
yes can install the bel generated for the project grup donating the packages.

Anyway, the point is. Why don´t deceiver a script including ALL the packages and allowing to disable that packages you don´t have sources. And allowing to call the script specifying the paths to the source code for the packages (in this case unidac)?

Please consider this.

Also consider a git repo for the sources with user and password, where any RO licensed user can put merge request? Have no sense?

Best regards.

this have no sense - these package will be always failed because 3rd party libraries have own path where is located their .dcp/.dcu/.pas

pls review how we use EW/RO train scripts from DA script. in the same way you can create own script that will use existed EW/RO/DA and compile your own packages

we can handle such merge requests via support@

Yes, we have no plans, at this stage, to move our core products to a public-facing git repo, mainly because there’s also a lot of auxiliary and proprietary stuff in the repros, aside from just the source code we ship; sorry.

You can create a command line , as the existen one, to pass the path. That have sense.

I already try this approach and cant get it work, for that reason Im asking for help, btw.

Maybe I dont explain it well, as usual. :wink:

Im talking about the source code you deploy with every release. That source code base, cant be in private git repositories, only available for customers? I don’t see any changes in the source you already release with every release and that approach. Im wrong?

show your scripts. you can use support@ for keeping privacy

1 Like