Registering DA/ROSDK/etc on macOS

I’ve just started using DataAbstract for OSX on my Mac, and after compiling a project in Fire, the app starts and shows ‘This app was built with a trial version of Data Abstract or Remoting SDK’.

Could someone tell me how to properly register DataAbstract on the macOS platform? Everything is registered for me on Windows without any issues.

Thanks

Alan

easiest way: download the .fireplugin

I did this, and just did it again. Is there a special way you need to install fireplugins? I did this, rebuilt my project, ran it, and i still see the DA trial window popup.

It seems like we discussed this before, a couple weeks ago, and I fixed a bug in Fire that for 9.3. What version of Fire are you using?

I have 9.2 installed. let me upgrade to 9.3, then i’ll reinstall the fireplugin and test.

I installed the 9.3 fireplug, and this time i actually saw a window saying ‘installing plugin’ (or whatever it really said), but once again it never asked for my RO username/password, and when i compiled/ran the app it still thinks i’m using a trial. Somewhere, somehow, DA never has asked me to validate my copy with a username/password…

it woudln’t, since Fire alrtready knows your login and downloaded your licenses.

ok, then that’s all good…

two questions:
(a) what platform?
(b) can you post a full build log so I can see what files it’s referencing?

To answer your first question - MacOS

Second question: This somehow must be due to me initially installing the DA for Cocoa instead of the DA fireplugin. I just don’t know how to fix this being primarily a Windows guy. But i’m learning. Any help would be appreciated as always. Here is the build log:

https://pastebin.com/dTgu0PKQ

Hmm, it doesnt seem to find the DA you installed, and thus references the (trial) binaries inside Fire.

When you open the Preferences dialog and go to the Reference Paths tab and select Cocoa, do you see an entry for DA? Can you post a screenshot? (i’m not at the MacBook right now so i cant post a screenshot of what it should look like, will later).

Unrelated, would you be at all willing to try use the latest v10 beta instead, and see how that goes?

25 AM

And to follow up - i did download and install v10 of both Fire and Elements this morning. The installations went fine, and when i brought up Fire, i was prompted to re-download my licenses which I did. When i built my app that uses DA, it launched and didn’t display the Trial dialog box! it appears v10 has fixed this issue with DA.

Follow up to my follow up - take a look at this screenshot. What does ‘internal Elements’ and ‘External Elements’ mean?

Excellent.

Internal Elements is the compiler shipped within Fire. External is the one globally installed (if you did so) via this. You can check in Preferences|Build which one is used.

When you do, pls let me know which one was checked (you’ll wanna upgrade the external one, better, switch to the internal), and pls also let me know if “use legacy xbuild” was checked (shouldn’t have), for me diagnosing what art fixed the trial resolving issue…

thanx!

I re-downloaded and re-installed the external compiler to the latest 10 beta. Something must have went wrong in the process yesterday of me re-installing Fire/DA/Elements/etc. This time it worked, now both the internal and external compilers are the same.

In preferences, Fire was using the internal compiler and i’ve now switched that to external. Perhaps that’s not necessary if I end up eventually updating Fire with each compiler beta…but no big deal. Also, “use legacy build” was NOT checked.

Thanks for the help.

right. you just gotta make sure to keep updating the external compiler each week, not just Fire, as new builds come out; if you switch back to internal, thats one less step to worry about.

Good, that means you’re now using EBuild, as you should :wink: