Remote projects with GIt LFS

?? Can you elaborate?

In the output

it: Updating files: 100% (2795/2795), done.
git: Already on ‘master’
git: Your branch is up to date with ‘origin/master’.
git: WARNING: error running /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/usr/libexec/git-core/git ‘config’ ‘–global’ ‘–replace-all’ ‘filter.lfs.clean’ ‘git-lfs clean – %f’: ‘fatal: $HOME not set’ ‘exit status 128’
git: Run git lfs install --force to reset git config.

It has ‘filter.lfs.clean’ ‘git-lfs clean

hm, ok, thats not me. i just the commands you see in there code above, nothing else. whats the log context before that text, is this as response to running git las install, maybe?

I think its the lfs install.

I tried running the git from inside xcode and that works fine.

Whats different about me running the 3 commands from terminal and as part of EBuild ?

nothing afaik, in run /usr/bin/git fwiw. for all git operations.

I went into the remote folder and did a git lfs install and git lfs pull. I can then build the project. What I think is strange is that I get this

Pulling GitHub - mosh/ImportSolution: Projects to create fx files to /Users/JohnMoshakis/Library/Application Support/RemObjects Software/EBuild/Packages/EBuild/github.com.mosh.ImportSolution

git: Your branch is up to date with ‘origin/master’.
git: Already on ‘master’
git: Already up to date.
git: Skipping object checkout, Git LFS is not installed.

Why does it think git lfs is is not installed, when clearly it must be because I can build ?

do which git in Terminal. is it /usr/bin/git?

If I run /usr/bin/git lfs env from the repo I get

Johns-Mac-mini:github.com.mosh.ImportSolution JohnMoshakis$ /usr/bin/git lfs env

git-lfs/2.12.1 (GitHub; darwin amd64; go 1.15.3)

git version 2.24.3 (Apple Git-128)

Endpoint=https://github.com/mosh/ImportSolution.git/info/lfs (auth=none)

SSH=git@github.com:mosh/ImportSolution

LocalWorkingDir=/Users/JohnMoshakis/Library/Application Support/RemObjects Software/EBuild/Packages/EBuild/github.com.mosh.ImportSolution

LocalGitDir=/Users/JohnMoshakis/Library/Application Support/RemObjects Software/EBuild/Packages/EBuild/github.com.mosh.ImportSolution/.git

LocalGitStorageDir=/Users/JohnMoshakis/Library/Application Support/RemObjects Software/EBuild/Packages/EBuild/github.com.mosh.ImportSolution/.git

LocalMediaDir=/Users/JohnMoshakis/Library/Application Support/RemObjects Software/EBuild/Packages/EBuild/github.com.mosh.ImportSolution/.git/lfs/objects

LocalReferenceDirs=

TempDir=/Users/JohnMoshakis/Library/Application Support/RemObjects Software/EBuild/Packages/EBuild/github.com.mosh.ImportSolution/.git/lfs/tmp

ConcurrentTransfers=8

TusTransfers=false

BasicTransfersOnly=false

SkipDownloadErrors=false

FetchRecentAlways=false

FetchRecentRefsDays=7

FetchRecentCommitsDays=0

FetchRecentRefsIncludeRemotes=true

PruneOffsetDays=3

PruneVerifyRemoteAlways=false

PruneRemoteName=origin

LfsStorageDir=/Users/JohnMoshakis/Library/Application Support/RemObjects Software/EBuild/Packages/EBuild/github.com.mosh.ImportSolution/.git/lfs

AccessDownload=none

AccessUpload=none

DownloadTransfers=basic,lfs-standalone-file

UploadTransfers=basic,lfs-standalone-file

GIT_EXEC_PATH=/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/usr/libexec/git-core

git config filter.lfs.process = "git-lfs filter-process"

git config filter.lfs.smudge = "git-lfs smudge -- %f"

git config filter.lfs.clean = "git-lfs clean -- %f"

SO to summarize, when you run

/usr/bin/git lfs install
/usr/bin/git lfs pull

it works fine, but when I run it from EBuild, it fails?

Yes thats it.

Ok, no idea then, sorry :(.