Request: make the Internet pack part of the elements suite

Instead of specifying a remote git source, enable to reference it as a local resource like the RTL

At this moment, the remote reference does not work anymore because of a security improvement at github.
I already installed the latest Github desktop software, but still I get:

Pulling https://github.com/remobjects/internetpack to C:\Users\xxx\AppData\Local\RemObjects Software\EBuild\Packages\EBuild\github.com.remobjects.internetpack
   > git: fatal: unsafe repository ('C:/Users/xxx/AppData/Local/RemObjects Software/EBuild/Packages/EBuild/github.com.remobjects.internetpack' is owned by someone else)
   > git: To add an exception for this directory, call:
   > git: 
   > git:         git config --global --add safe.directory 'C:/Users/xxx/AppData/Local/RemObjects Software/EBuild/Packages/EBuild/github.com.remobjects.internetpack'
E: There was a problem obtaining remote project 'github.com/remobjects/internetpack/Source/RemObjects.InternetPack.elements:master' referenced from 'UnifiedGui_MultiTarget_Library'.

WTF!? that’s nuts? you cannot clone any repro you don’t own yourself anymore, with latest git?

does adding

git config --global --add safe.directory 'C:/Users/xxx/AppData/Local/RemObjects Software/EBuild/Packages/EBuild/

fix this?

make the Internet pack part of the elements suite

Instead of specifying a remote git source, enable to reference it as a local resource like the RTL

I’ll have a look. the main concern will be build speed.

Logged as bugs://E25920.

No, it does not (ran the command in a cmd window)

:frowning: that sucks.

bugs://E25920 was closed as fixed.

1 Like