Scaling on High DPI

I refer to the following thread from 2014: Installing RemObjects SDK breaks high DPI support for Delphi IDE

Yesterday I downloaded the trial version of Data Abstract and have just gotten the permission from my company to go flat out with RemObject and Data Abstract for all future projects. However, there are an issue that has to be resolved before we can continue. Its similar as in the thread mentioned above. Once Data Abstract (newest version) is installed it completely destroys Delphi. It crumbles up in the left corner and and the text is so small I cannot even use it. From reading the above thread, I did rename the RemObjects.Everwood.RadStudio.XE11.dll and restarted the IDE. This fixed it all, but then I don’t have any wizard for creating new Data Abstract projects.

As this is 3 years since this was discovered, I presume a better fix for this issue is already out?

I’m on a MacBook Pro 15" with windows 10 running on parallel desktop. I’m using Delphi 10.2 Tokyo.

Thanks in advance for any pointers

Best regards

Eivind

Hi.

thank for letting us know. it turns out, this looks to be a bug in 10.2 itself, shipping a bad app manifest that breaks this. but our team is looking into a workaround and someone should get back to you tomorrow, hopefully. with more details.

yours,
marc

Hello

Unfortunately RAD Studio is still being shipped with corrupted application manifest that cripples HighDPI support for plugins. There’s nothing we can do from our code if the host process (read: RAD Studio) provides incorrect information to the operating system.

Still the fix exists and I can confirm it works. Just used it on a Win 10 Fall Creators update + Delphi 10.2.1 + 4k (3840 x 2160) display. As the problem is caused by an icorrect application manifest then we need to provide a correct one. Obviously we cannot correct the app.manifest bundled into the RAD Studio app so we’ll have to provide a custom one.

This can be done in two easy steps:

1. Enable external manifest file loading
    1.1. Open registry editor and navigate to the key
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion
    1.2. Go to the node SideBySide
    1.3. Add to it value of type DWORD (32-bit) named PreferExternalManifest
    1.4. Set its value to 1
    1.5. Or just download this file, unpack it and and dbl-click the .reg file contained in it: registry.zip (296 Bytes)

2. Provide the manifest file
    2.1. Download this file: bds.zip (606 Bytes)
    2.2. Unpack it
    2.3. Put the bds.exe.manifest file next to the bds.exe file (RAD Studio executable)

This will resolve the issue

1 Like

Awesome!! That fix solved it

Thanks again

1 Like