ServiceBuilder and missing codegen

I’m using the licensed Remoting SDK (9.4.109.1377) with both Delphi and VisualStudio (C#) and I’m having a problem with codegen in the ServiceBuilder. I touched on this briefly in the past and thought (erroneously as it turns out) that it was just a trial issue.

If I install the Delphi and all Clients version I have missing codegen entries (under CodeGen, C# for .Net) and if I install the .Net and all Clients version I have missing codegen entries (under CodeGen, Delphi). I need to be able to do .Net and Delphi servers codegen.

Currently I have the .Net version installed and having only CodeGen, Delphi, interface and server access available. I installed the Delphi version onto a different machine (though I won’t have this available long term) and did some digging and discovered many of the Delphi BPLs are not installed/compiled/registered when installing the .Net version so I copied those over and installed/registered them in the Delphi IDE and returning at least some of the missing functionality I had in the Delphi IDE.

However, I see in the ServiceBuilder plugins list that I only have CodeGen4.Delphi.Intf and CodeGen4.Delphi.ServerAccess. Missing is CodeGen4.Deplhi.Invk, CodeGen4.Delphi.Impl, CodeGen4.Delphi.All and IdentifierValidator.Delphi. I don’t see any obvious missing DLLs in the RemObjects SDK (Common)\Bin folder between the two editions. Or any obvious entries in the registery. Though obviously I could have missed something.

I found a similar post from a few years back, but it appears there’s been some refactoring/restructuring of the ServerBuilder bin folder since then and the comments did not appear relevant to the situation now.

Can someone advise what I can do to gain/recover/whatever the missing codegen entries in the ServiceBuilder? While I would obviously desire a permanent clean solution a temporary swap things solution would be acceptable for the time being - considering my current method to swap is uninstall and reinstall the SDK every time.

lets describe the difference - if you install Delphi and all Clients - it installs Delphi server + all clients, if you install .Net and all Clients - it installs .NET server + all clients.
as you can see, you miss Delphi or .NET server.

why you can’t install one of these combinations ?

• Remoting SDK for .NET and all Clients & Remoting SDK for Delphi
  • Remoting SDK for Delphi and all Clients & Remoting SDK for .NET

Is that viable? I assumed after having the first package removed when installing the second that that would happen with any combination?

you can install even .NET and all Clients and Delphi and all Clients together.

note: the version should be the same

I’d have to try it again, but my experience shows otherwise. As far as I know installing the .Net and all Clients uninstalled Delphi and all Clients. Anyway, I’ll give it a try and reply back if it doesn’t work.

it shouldn’t uninstall another product

Ok, installing the second ‘server’ did not uninstall the second product, but the ServiceBuilder only has the codegen for the last server installed. I had the .Net installed, then installed the Delphi and now I can Delphi codegen and not C# codegen (in that the C# for .Net codegen only has two entries, rather than all of them).

Ok, I understand your problem. when you install “NET and all clients” , it sets in registry that NET server is installed and sets for all others products that clients are installed.
when you install over “Delphi and all clients” - it sets Delphi server is installed and unsets NET server

workaround:

Thanks, logged as bugs://80741

Well, unless it left stub entries behind after install the registry editing was unnecessary. Installed .Net and all Clients and Delphi and w/o Clients as suggested and the server key exists for both .Net and Delphi w/o editing.

Delphi IDE shows proper menu entries, VS 2017 shows Remoting SDK section for new project (all I checked) and ServiceBuilder has the proper entries for CodeGen for Delphi and VS.

Thanks for all your help.