Start DA server as service problem

Hi,
I’m using “daserver.exe install” to register the service. But I found it can’t execute the daserver.exe manually. Besides, the trayicon will not show at right bottom corner. If I uninstall it and run daserver.exe manually, it resumes normal. Trayicon can show at right bottom corner.

Hi,

try to can launch the Combo Service/Standalone project that is registered as service with /standalone parameter:

DAServer.exe /standalone

in this case, it will be launched as usual program.

if you want to start service, use

net start DAServer

1 Like

Hi,
Using “/standalone” without problem. But it is not register in windows service. If using “net start DAServer”, it has an error “The service name is invalid”.

Hi,

check your .dpr:

if ROStartService('DAServer', 'DAServer') then begin
    ROService.CreateForm(TServerDataModule, ServerDataModule);
    ROService.Run;
    Exit;
  end;

in my case I have DAServer as the service name

Hi,
I checked the name is the same.
york

Hi,

in your case it should be

net start YorkServer

Hi,
I tried before that has an error.
error2

Hi,

Have you installed this server (admin rights are required)?

yorkserver /install

Hi,
I done it before but has problem.

The following is using /install that can’t show the trayicon.
error4

The following is using /standalone or double click the EXE. That can show trayicon and I can call pop-up menu.
error5
error6

Hi,

• create a new project from the Combo Service/Standalone wizard. use default NewProjectServer name.
  • build it.
  • launch cmd.exe with admin rights and execute these commands - NewProjectServer.exe /standalone and net start NewProjectServer:

• as you can see, service is started

Hi,
Can I modify existing project instead of create the new project?

Hi,

of course, you can.

I suggested to you create a new project from scratch for seeing that this thing works.
after you see it, you can update your project.

Noted with thanks. I will try to create the new project and then compare the different.

Hi,
I created the new project and the situation is the same. If I’m using /install and net start, the DAServer can’t running by “double click” after kill the task. I need to use /standalone to start up the DAServer or using net start command again.

Hi,

this is as expected:

• if you declared your project as windows service - it can be start only with net start xxxx or via service manager. this mode require admin rights.
  • if you like to start project as standalone, use /standalone switch

Noted with thanks.