Starting a new offline first project choice of DA SQL RemoteDataAdapter or DA Linq LinqRemoteDataAdapter

Hello,

I’m stuck trying to figure which way / technology from DA to use for my project. It seems to me that most or all of the templates for DA .net are made to work with DA linq (LinqRemoteDataAdapter) so I think that is the direction a new project should really go in and the RemoteDataAdapter is more of backwards compatibility / old way of doing things (IMHO).

I want my new project (app) to be offline first and sync changes to the server. Since Briefcase is the technology / tool for offline data in DA and it doesn’t work with DA Linq (LinqRemoteDataAdapter) is it better to start a new offline first project using DA with just the RemoteDataAdapter and just do everything in DA SQL?

This is a pretty important first decision on a new project as it will determine how I will make the calls and bind everything in this project! I did see how to do a work around with using linq with serializing to a local file for each DataSet but this method is not using Briefcase and its great update functionality.

Could you please give me any direction on what you think I should do starting a New project that should be offline first and sync only that users data to and from the server (Which is what Briefcase does). Right now I think that if I choose DALinq I will have to make my own way to handle the sync to and from the DA server.

Thanks,

Howie

DA LINQ is considered more superior because it is easier to manage data and it provides type safety.

Please wait a bit as it will take some time to provide you the way to store Delta’s and reliably resync them later. I’ll provide you a sample hopefully somewhere at the Monday

Thank you Anton.