Swift Android, Is proguard or other obfuscation method supported?

Is obfuscation supported in SIlver for Android using Visual Studio?
If yes. how to enable it?

BTW, will VS2015 supported?

Silver generates pure Java .jar files and Android .apk files containing such, so any post-processing tools available for the platform can be applied to Silver, and should work in the exact same way as they do for apps created with the Java language.

VS2015 is supported in the current release, if you have Pro or (free) Community Edition installed. A future update will include/install the VS2015 Shell for you, as soon as Microsoft makes that available (they have not yet).

yours,
marc

I can not make proguard works.
I get error like this:
Error: Can’t read [swift.jar] (Can’t process class [swift/RangeGenerator_IntMax.class] (Method must be overridden in [proguard.classfile.attribute.SourceFileAttribute] if ever called))
or from Snake sample:
Error: Can’t read [Snake.jar] (Can’t process class [org/me/snake/BackgroundView.class] (Method must be overridden in [proguard.classfile.attribute.SourceFileAttribute] if ever called))

Curious. This could be compiler bugs with the compile not generating perfectly valid JVM byte code, or it could be that pro-guards is just to picky. Can you send us the project, for the second issue (and we should be able to report the first one ourselves based on swift.jar)? thanx!

Thanks, logged as bugs://72634 Proguard doesn’t like Swift.jar and Elements-generated jar files

The project is located on “C:\Users\Public\Documents\RemObjects Samples\RemObjects Silver for Java\Android\Snake”.
It’s installed when I install silver.

BTW what is the requirement to join in silver beta?

The Silver 8.2 beta is automatically open too everyone who contributed to Silver financially, and via invitation. See the PM i just sent you.

bugs://72634 got closed with status fixed.

Hi bot,
Please tell me how to use proguard with Silver for Android.
Thanks

In the next beta/upcoming release it will just work. The SourceFileAttribute exception wil be gone.

If you need this right now, rebuild Swift.jar without debug info (release mode), rebuild your app in release mode, then it will work, debug builds will work in the next build too.

I’m sorry I ask because recently I found that my old apk (Java) that I thought already obfuscated with proguard but actually it’s not, which means I don’t how to use proguard properly.
I know this is not proguard support center but since you fixed this bug means you know how to use it properly, so can you share how to use it (for Silver)?
Thanks

This seems to work for me:

-dontwarn swift.__Global

-injar com.remobjects.elements.rtl.jar 
-injar swift.jar 
-injar org.me.snake.jar  
-libraryjars c:\adt-bundle-windows-x86\sdk\platforms\android-21\android.jar 
-outjar test.jar
-keep class org.me.snake.* {
  public protected *; 
}

the output file has org.me.snake.* not obfuscated, and the rest is obfuscated.

I’ll wait next beta for swift.jar.

BTW to use proguard, should I create android project from command prompt then add jars to libs folder and copy res folder and androidmanifest.xml? Is there any easier solution or that is the only solution?
Thans

Thanks, logged as bugs://73509

Hello,
Next beta will contain the new textbox on the Build Events property page that will allow to run some commands after java build and before creating apk. This should solve the problem.

Best regards.

bugs://73509 got closed with status fixed.