- Take a solution with a dll and an exe project.
- Build the solution using the Release configuration
- Switch to debug and change the parameters of a mehod in the dll (and the call to it in the exe)
- Build the exe project - the dll gets build too (as it should be)
- Switch to release
- build (not rebuild) the exe project - dll gets not build and the exe can not be compiled because of the changed parameters
Solution: mark all projects as changed (so they will be build next round) as soon as the debug/release changes.