Unable to create a MaskManager of the specified type: NumericMaskManager. There are no constructors that match these input parameters: cultureInfo, culture, allowNull

Please see the support I opened on DevExpress in print

Sorry, but could I get something a bit more concrete here?

WindowsApplication7.rar (96.7 KB)

The bug that occurs in the attached application appears to be a bug in the compiler.

The response from DevExpress support was:

Error Here:
self.textEdit1.Properties.MaskSettings.Set (‘mask’, ‘c’);

The second parameter is compiled into ‘char’, although it should be a string.

Can I get the .dlls you are referencing, as well? Those would be pretty essential to reproduce this.

Debug.rar (3.5 MB) Debug2.rar (9.5 MB)

This looks to be a coded bug, not a compiler one

Set is defined as taking a string and an object, and 'c' is a Char, so the compiler is doing the right thing; the problem is with the generated code, it should have "c" instead to enforce the single-char-literal becoming a string.

I will fix CodeDom for vNext, but you might need to manually change the code do use double quotes to get the existing code to work; and this shoukld also serve as a workaround for now. (but touching the form designer will re-emit the code Wirth single quotes, of course, until yo have the fix installed).

OK.

awaiting version.

Friday?

I can send you a new build later today.

I would also suggest to DevExpress to fix their API though, since it accepts any plain Object, to handle Char values properly… Seems unclean otherwise.

understood. I will make a suggestion for them.

1 Like

Can you send me HotFix

Done, in your Personal downloads folder.

Tanks

Any time — please let me know if it works, as this was a blind fix.

Still generating wrong

self.textEdit1.Properties.MaskSettings.Set(‘MaskManagerType’, typeOf(DevExpress.Data.Mask.NumericMaskManager));
self.textEdit1.Properties.MaskSettings.Set(‘MaskManagerSignature’, ‘allowNull=False’);
self.textEdit1.Properties.MaskSettings.Set(‘mask’, ‘c’);

if I change as your suggestion really works
self.textEdit1.Properties.MaskSettings.Set(‘mask’, “c”);

Curious… I’ll have tom have someone from there VS team look into this in more detail; my appologies.