Using the .jar of one project in another?

I have two swift frameworks that I convert to .jar using Fire…
one of those uses (imports) the other one.
when I’m typing “import” Fire suggests the other namespace.
but it doesn’t compile.

if I remove the reference and drag it down again… (I add the reference by dragging one project on top of the other)…
I get “No matching EBuild …” even though the file DOES exist in the path specified.
(btw… it would be handy if “Reveal in Folder” was enabled anyway and took me to the folder where the file was supposed to be… )

If I go to the folder where the .jar actually is and drag that into Fire to add the reference (instead of using the project that is in the workspace)…
it all works.

am I doing something wrong?

Paul,

are you using v10? Project References do not really work well with xbuild (which v9 still uses) on Mac, especially for the non-.NET platforms; EBuild, which v10 uses, should fix that. The best workaround of you cannot switch to v10 yet is to add a regular reference (do " Reveal Project Output in Finder on the first project, and the drag the .jar itself onto the other(). But the better option would be to go to v10.

If this is in v10, I’d appreciate a small test case to show the issue, because then this should be fine.

thanx,
marc

thanks for the feedback…
yes, dragging the jar from finder was the way I got it working in 9.3 (2211)
But I’ll try out 10 as well… from what I’ve read that will give us benefits in many places.

thanks

1 Like