Visual Studio throws an exception when creating an event handler

Microsoft Visual Studio Professional 2019 Version 16.7.1
Water 10.0.0.2525. Running on trial license.
Windows 10 pro build 18363.

I was following the tutorial for First app in Visual Studio.

Your First Windows WPF App with Elements

I added the components to the form, but when I double click on the button to add an event handler I get the error:

My first experiences with this are not going well. :frowning:

Sorry to trouble you with this but I have tried restarting visual studio and it happens every time.

Best regards
Mark

Yes, i’ve reported this too. This is a side effect of the new project system for Elements. I’m hoping this gets fixed very soon. Its been on their list for quite awhile and I haven’t heard anything about it lately.

I believe this is fixed for 2541, if not earlier?

@aolson do you still; see this in Friday’s build!?

Ah no, I guess this is https://talk.remobjects.com/t/cannot-add-wpf-events-with-vs-2019-16-5/22003/2. still open. I’ll get int fixed this week.

You konw what? I took a three day weekend this past week so i never grabbed Friday’s build. Doing that now and i’ll report back in a few.

alan

1 Like

well i have good news. I just installed 2541, opened up my project solution and tried implementing a new event by double clicking in the properties pane - AND IT WORKED! This issue does seem to be fixed at a first glance. I’ll report back if I run into any other issues with it.

Thanks

Alan

It looks like we had a couple separate WPF issues that looked similar. My colleague tells me this one is fixed — Mark, I’ll upload a new build to your Personal Downloads, now… Done.

I have a problem that my trial licence has expired. I’ll ask to get that extended and then I’ll be able to check this further.

1 Like