Why is my Oxygene WCF service so fast?

My co-worker has created a Visual C# WCF service that gets a List. There are a LOT of them. 70,000+. It takes her code 40+ seconds from the time the service starts returning the results until the client completed event happens.

The odd, but good thing is, when I get the same data from an Oxygene coded WCF service that accesses the same data, mine takes only about 3 seconds.

And it doesn’t make a difference if the client is Oxygene or C# getting my service data. They take the same amount of time.

We can’t spot anything that is different between them that would account for the horrible performance of the C# service. Anyone have any ideas?

Maybe they use a different default for serialization somehow? My wcf knowledge is limited, but this sounds odd.

We just got it figured out. She had a “transfermode=StreamedResponse” on the client config binding. My fast transfers did not have that. She apparently played with that parameter at some point and forgot to remove it.

I think Oxygene still might have been ever so slightly faster than the C# code, but the BIG difference was her using that parameter.

Thanks for asking about it.