WMC9999 compiling Swift for Windows

I just installed Silver, integrated with my existing VS 2015 Enterprise Update 3 installation. This is on Windows 10 14393.576, x64 version. I didn’t make any modifications to the Silver installation – it’s “stock” as far as I know.

I was able to successfully build, deploy, run, and debug a simple iOS app using VS + CrossBox. So I think Silver is set up correctly.

However trying the same for a Windows app is not working. I created a new project using the “Blank App (Universal Windows)” template. When I hit F5, I get an error (see below). What am I doing wrong?

Failed to resolve all project references for ‘App3’. The package restore result for ‘c:\temp\App3\App3\App3.elements’ may be incomplete.
------ Build started: Project: App3, Configuration: Debug x86 ------
C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Kits\10\bin\10.0.14393.0\XamlCompiler\Microsoft.Windows.UI.Xaml.Common.targets(259,5): error WMC9999: Specified argument was out of the range of valid values.
Parameter name: The language ‘Oxygene’ is not supported
Done building project “App3.elements” – FAILED.

This sound like the Elements CodeDoms aren’t all properly registered. Did you by any chance uncheck that option during install? can you try (re-)running ElementsHelper.exe --installcodedom from the Bin folder to see if emits any errors?

thanx,
marc

OK, I got this working. The access denied error was due to inadvertently putting my first Silver project into a directory that caused files to be encrypted.

Summary:

• A Silver project’s “min version” MUST be 10586.
  • Don’t try to put a Silver project in an encrypted directory (probably applies to all project types that produce Modern apps, not just Silver projects).

I’m just getting back to this.

RemObjects Elements CodeDom Installer

RemObjects Elements Version is 9.0.97.2071
Processing C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework64\v2.0.50727\CONFIG\machine.config
Found Chrome entry, updating.
Found Oxygene entry, updating.
Found Silver entry, updating.
Done.

But still get the WMC9999 error.

I poked some more and have found that what’s causing this is having a “min version” of other than 10586. In my case I had naively set both min version and target version to 14393. Setting min version to 10586 allows the build to complete successfully.

However I still cannot get a Silver project to run.

------ Deploy started: Project: App1, Configuration: Debug x86 ------
Updating the layout…
Copying files: Total <1 mb to layout…
Checking whether required frameworks are installed…
Registering the application to run from layout…
DEP0700 : Registration of the app failed. error 0x80070005: Opening file from location: AppxManifest.xml failed with error: Access is denied… (0x80070005)

This is specific to Universal Windows projects, i assume?