Wrong mappings with target table and left joins

Hey,

When creating a DataTable in daSchema with a Target Table defined and extra Left Join fields, some strange things happen with the mappings. In the Database Table Fields some fields are used multiple times to map the extra joined schema table fields (see screenshots). Are we doing something wrong?

Thanks.

Hello

This is expected behavior. Schema Modeler doesn’t know which exactly DB fields to map to these extra schema fields. Anyway you have to set these mappings manually in this case.

Regards

Hello,

Doesn’t it make more sense to leave the mappings empty if no field is found in the DB Fields. Because now wrong fields are mapped. And if we have 50 extra joined fields, we have to manually clear all the wrong mappings.

Regards.

Ah, a good point. Thanks for the suggestion. I’ll log an isssue to review the mapping logic for such cases.

1 Like

Thanks, logged as bugs://76971

Hello,

Super! This will be a big improvement for us. Thanks for the quick response.

Have a nice day.
Regards

bugs://76971 got closed with status fixed.

Thank you very much. Is it safe to download the alpha build or shoud we wait for an official build. And when will the offical build be released?

Thank you.

Is shoulld be safe to use the Beta build.

We have no concrete ETA for the next stable release, but it should be after the official VS 2017 release (for obvious reasons - we need to make sure that our IDE integration code works there)

Logged as bugs://i64749.

bugs://i64749 was closed as fixed.