[69573 Closed] TRIAL Installation problem

At the end of installation, during the step “Configuring Visual Studio 2013”, I got this error:

What’s happening? how fix it?

Thanks and sorry for my bad English.

Hello,

Do you have VS2013 installed on your system? Does the devenv.exe file is located in the folder from the error above?
What Oxygene trial setup do you use (with VS2013 or without)? If you don’t have VS2013 installed you should use Oxygene with VS2013 setup.

Best regards.

Hi viktoriad,

Do you have VS2013 installed on your system?

No

Does the devenv.exe file is located in the folder from the error above?

No

What Oxygene trial setup do you use (with VS2013 or without)?

With VS2013. This is the link I downloaded from: Elements. The multi-platform development toolchain. Free Trial Download. | RemObjects Software

Anyway, I installed successfully in my Windows 7 x86. So this problem is partially solved. :wink:

Hello,

I see you downloaded installer that also contains the VS2013. While installing it should install VS2013 and Oxygene after it. Did the installer asked about installing VS? Was the installation successfull?

Thanks in advance.

Hi,

No, the installer don’t ask to install VS.

Enviada do meu iPhone

Hello,

I have logged an issue to check the installer. To fix the problem now you can download VS 2013 Shell Integrated and Isolated (2 installers) and install them one by one. After it you’ll be able to install Oxygene over it and use it.

Best regards.

Even installing VS 2013 Shell Isolated and Integrated, I got the same error during Oxygene installation.

What Windows version do you have? Windows 7 or windows 8, 64 or 86?
Could you please check where you have got VS Shell installed (the full path)? On 64-Windows the path by default is C:\Program Files (x86)]…, on 86 it should be C:\Program Files…

Thanks in advance.

Are you saying you manually installed the Shell from Microsoft’s setup, but the file mentioned in the error message still does not exist? Can you run the Shell manually? if so, can you check what folder it’s installed in?

What Windows version do you have? Windows 7 or windows 8, 64 or 86?

Windows 7 Ultimate x64

Could you please check where you have got VS Shell installed (the full path)? On 64-Windows the path by default is C:\Program Files (x86)]…, on 86 it should be C:\Program Files…

C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 12.0

Are you saying you manually installed the Shell from Microsoft’s setup, but the file mentioned in the error message still does not exist? Can you run the Shell manually? if so, can you check what folder it’s installed in?

Exactly.

These are the only executable files in C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 12.0\Common7\IDE:

There’s no “devenv.exe”

bugs://69573 got closed as fixed for release Andromeda Class

bugs://69573 got closed as fixed for release Andromeda Class

What it means?

Hello,

Could you please check that you installed both VS Shell Isolated and VS Shell Integrated? These are two different installers that both need to be installed. Then Oxygene afterwards. We’ll look into why this happens.

Best regards.

It means the fix will be in the upcoming 7.2 update release.

1 Like

Hi viktoriad,

Yes, I’ve installed them both.

I downloaded them from these links:

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=40764
http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=40777