[69591 Open] DA odata in Delphi and DevExtreme

Hi,

I just download the latest DA Trial and created a simple DA Server using the wizard exposing a simple SQL Server table, enabling ODATA and CORS.

Then, I tried to use DevExtreme (html5/js/css3) wizard to consume the odata service. First, I get a $callback query error in DA Server , but it shows the exposed table structure. When I try to view the data, it gives me a “Unexpected server response” in the DevExtreme client.

I’m really new to all of this and I’m trying to choose the right tool. All my business logic is written in Delphi, that’s why I want to use DA, but I need to know for sure if it will work with DevExtreme.

Thanks in advance for any help.
Julio Furquim

Hello,
The following article will be helpful for you:
http://wiki.remobjects.com/wiki/Enabling_OData_Access_in_your_Data_Abstract_Server_(Delphi)

Hello,

Tried that with DA Server version 8.0.83.1137 but I’m still receiving the same error.
All the structure are imported ok, but when I try to show the data, it shows me this error.

Can you help me?

if you created a new simple DAD server and client with DAD wizard, will it work correctly?

Yes, it works with the client.
Just tried with Excel Power Pivot as the article and got the same error. Do you want the Da server demo and the SQL 2k5 db to test yourself?

pls send it directly to support@ or attach it here

Here it goes…
SimpleTestOData.7z (177.4 KB)

Any new on that?

pls empty RootUrl property of ODataSchemaDispatcher or set it as http://localhost:8099/odata/

Tried both ways and still getting the same error:

weird. in your sample I’ve cleared this property:

and it works as expected:

Well, I need some directions here to find this error. I’m using Delphi XE3 for that project, Excel 2013 Portuguese and my SO is Windows 8.1 Pro x64 Portuguese. I’ve already tested on Windows 7 Pro x64 SP1 Portuguese and got the same error.
Did you change something on the excel advanced tab ?

Tried with LinqPAd and JSON and got the error:

As I mentioned on the beginning, my goal is to use DA as a server for a DevExtreme mobile app, but I’m trying to figure out why it doesn’t work with it and find out what the real problem is. DevExtreme uses ODATA and JSON.

I appreciate any help, I’m running out of time to start this project.

In addition, I can host the server app and you can consume it, and you can do the opposite. Maybe it can help to find where the problem is.

Let me know.

Thanks, logged as bugs://69591: Research: support of ODATA v4

Just curious: this explain why excel isn’t working too?
And will this ODATA v4 support be soon?

I’ve used Excel 2010 - you are Excel 2013, probably they have change something or it requires a newest version of odata …
btw, you can receive data in json format via using “$format”, i.e.

http://localhost:8099/odata/PRODUTOS/?$format=json

it depends on how much work is required for supporting ODATA v4.

[quote]
I’ve used Excel 2010 - you are Excel 2013, probably they have change something or it requires a newest version of odata …[/quote]

Just to let you know you’re right. Tested with Excel 2010 and worked.

Well, I’ll wait for ODATA v4 support.

Hi,

Any news on that?

this issue has low priority so it isn’t done.

Any chance to get it done until February/2015? The main reason I bought the DA was because of this feature.
Thanks in advance.

Julio,

we’ll see what we can do but i cannot promise any timelines for this feature. Would you need this for Delphi or .NET servers?

—marc