Delphi XE6 support?

Hello,

can we expect Delphi XE6 support soon ?

Of course, just Win32/64 version (not Mobile) as usual.

Thanx.

1 Like

XE6 support was already added into the latest beta that can be downloaded from http://beta.remobjects.com/

OK,

1. what is the approx. release date ?

2. 7.0 branch will not be updated to XE6 like last year after XE5 release ?

Thank you.

1. May14
  2. I don’t think, but you can take XE6 packages and eDefines.inc from beta version…

Correct, the next release will be 8.0. We only ever maintain/ship one codebase. That the version happens to be changing from 7 to 8 with the next release really has no effect on the support for the new Delphi versions.

Note that regardless of the version number, 8.0 will be a free update for anyone with an active subscription, of course.

All clear, thank you both.

1 Like

I know its still beta but v8.0.76.1123 on Delphi XE6, I opened a project which runs perfect on XE5…:
RoChannel.Encryption.EncryptionMethod does not exist! Also No Encryption option seen on object inspector (TROSuperTCPChannel).

Edit:
Try to install latest stable version by getting *D20 packages and eDefines.inc from v8x beta but this time missing:
URoSimpleLoginProvider.dcu.

So there’s no option that we can TRY for XE6? Beta not working too…

probably because that’s a new unit for RO8, that doesn’t exist in RO7. If you want to manually build RO7 for XE6, i recommend starting from the *_D19 packages that ship with it and updating those. That said, official support for XE6 from our side will be focused on the new release.

Are there any progress on new version, said to be ready on May 14?

Thanks…

Yes, XE6 support is in the new version, which is currently available as beta, and it will ship in the upcoming “Summer 2014” release.

Thanks,
Any release date for summer version?

it will be around the end of May

1 Like

We’re in June now. Any update for realase date of RO 8?

Unfortunately RTM has been a bit delayed, but the current gamma has XE6 support and is production stable to use, so you should be all set with that.

Thanks for the info Marc,
Unfortunately latest gamma still missing encryption property. So we’re waiting for it…

1 Like

I just installed the latest Version (1137), but i still can´t find the encryption property. I urgently need to compile my existing project with this function! What can i do???

Install with “Legacy” (unchecked by default) support from 8.0.83.1137 Installer,
that’s it…

Thanks - that works!