Incorrect generation of Intf and Invk files after downgrade v8 -> v7

I used DA Delphi Server Edition .1137 (v8) in XE6, but I had to go back to DA .1117 (v7) because I wanted the local data/schema access stuff back. After some manual tweaking everything was set up and is running well, except for one issue:

When I compile the project, the _Intf and _Invk files are always overwritten with an (almost) blank file, containing only a single letter “u”. When I generate the files in the service builder, they are ok.

What can be the reason for this? As a workaround I can disable the code generation, but I would prefer to find out what’s wrong.

Cheers
Bernhard

Can you uninstall DAD (with removing ROD and DAD folders manually) and install it again?

Problem will be solved or not?

Hi Evgeny,

I uninstalled v8, then I removed the Remobjects parent folder. after installing v7 I had to edit the .inc files to make the build packages project compile. Then I added the .bpl path to the system path to make xe6 load the Remobjects .bpls at start time.
But to be sure, I will do the same procedure once again and let you know about the result in a while.

Cheers
Bernhard

Sorry, but I give up on this for now, as I am running out of time - maybe another day when I have a lot of time. After installing the DA v7 (7.0.75.xxxx) packages in XE6 (which means some manual work) followed by the .NET and Java packages for VS, I installed Hydra (7.1.75.xxxx) and it completely messed things up by installing another Everwood version, producing errors when starting XE6. I will drop a few query components on the datamodule to get things done quickly.
Sorry for wasting your time.

in your case, you need to install the same release (Mar14):

• DA 7.0.75.1117
  • HY 4.0.71.1093