LocalSchema missing in DA/Delphi 8, what to do?

Pre DA/Delphi 8 I used LocalDataAdapter.LocalSchema in an _impl to dynamically pass a connection string to the table(s) I needed to use with Dev Express’ Scheduler component. It’s no longer apparent how to pass a connection string to the table, can someone enlighten me?

In DA8, that stuff was removed in favour of Local Data Adapter.

have you tried to create a new additional connection string with TDAConnectionManager ?

Sorry, I misspoke, I was using LocalSchema of the TDAMemDataTable, passing unique connection strings to the ConnectionManager of the LocalSchema. It worked wonderfully.

We have an ASP model where we have one connection in the ConnectionManager and pass in a unique connection string per client against the same Connection Name using session.

When can I have TDAMemDataTable.LocalSchema back?

you can create local ConnectionManager and create connection in it.

deprecated properties won’t be returned.
if you want, you can create a new DA service with personal ConnectionManager and link new service via LDA to that TDAMemDataTable.

That’s what I’m doing now and it’s not working as it did before. I have a single service that has an isolated (personal) ConnectionManager attached to a TDASchema with two TDAMemDataTables on the _impl form attached to a LDA referencing the service.

If I have two connection strings to assign to the ConnectionManager, the first one works, the 2nd does not, however if I connect using IDADataset both tables work with both connection strings (the problem with IDADataset is it’s readonly and can’t be used with the DevEx Scheduler component).

weird. can you show how do you use and change them, pls?
a simple testcase that demonstrates this problem will be useful - in this case we can show a correct way of switching between connections.

I think I have it (pending further testing). I was changing the connection string within the same call to the service (within the _impl) and the 2nd connection modification was getting ignored. I changed code to call the service from my NonVisualPlugin module via a LocalService and passed in each connection string on a separate call and that seems to work.