Need help for installation of Oxygen

I have been using Oxygen which came with Delphi XE. Now I would like to try out the latest version 7.1.75.1551 with the VS shell.

I tried on two machines (one of which is a fresh VM) of Windows7 x64, the installation process was completed smoothly, with a reboot or twice, except it could not find the Readme.html under Elements folder.

The problem was … there are no Oxygen templates registered in VS shell when create a new project.

Can you give me a help or guide me how to manually register those Oxygen templates?

Thanks very much!

This looks like a bug in our setups. While we investigate this, can you create a String registry key:

in (64 bits windows)
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\RemObjects\Elements
or (32bits windows)
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\RemObjects\Elements

called “Oxygene” with the value “1”

(“Hydrogene” if you want RemObjects C#)

Then rerun the setup?

1 Like

Dear CK,

Thanks very much for your help!

After following your guidelines, an option “Oxygene in Visual Studio” appeared under “RemObjects Elements” folder of the StartUp menu. When the VS started up, the Oxygene Splash dialog appeared. It was a good sign.

However, there are still no Oxygene templates when creating a new Project. Any idea?

1 Like

+1 Exactly the same problem here. Creating the Registry Key helped although there are still no templates.

@WaynePhipps, @chula: There’s a new Trial up that addresses this issue (no other changes).

1 Like

@ck many thanks. I’m happy to confirm this resolved the issue for me.

1 Like

I also confirm that I can see the templates now. Thanks!

1 Like