Old Schema Modeler

How do I get the old Schema Modeler for DA/Delphi 8.1.85.1143?

Hello!

Unfortunately, we don’t have it published as a separate download. You’ll need to install DA7, copy DASchemaModeler7.exe somewhere, then install DA8.

If you continue to support DataDictionary for DA/Delphi, as you have promised in previous posts, then you need to include in it the installations going forward. I did try to copy the old schema modeler from a DA7 installation and exe failed to load with errors.

Driver DAAbsoluteDBDriv.dad may only be used inside the Schema Modeler.

Thanks for additional details, I’ll pass it to the person who’s more informed about this.

DASM3 (i.e. old DASM) is incompatible with delphi drivers (*.dad) in DA8 so it was a reason why we exclude DASM3 from DA8.

if you want to use old DASM, pls install DA7 into virtual machine and copy Data Abstract (Common)\Bin folder to host (e.g. to “C:\Program Files (x86)\RemObjects Software\Data Abstract (Common)\Bin\DASM3” folder .
for using old DASM by default, launch DASchemaModeler.exe /register with admin rights.

it is as designed. precompiled drivers (*.dad) created with commercial third-party libraries can be used inside DASM only. If you want to use .dad in own projects, you can recompile correspondent .dpr in Source\Drivers folder ( e.g. DAAbsoluteDBDrv.dpr, etc).

Thank you, this works well. Will this solution work in future releases (v8, v9, v10, etc.)?

yes, it will.