Search field not in result set or ignore field in resultset

Hello,

Is it possible to search on a field that is not in the result set with dynamic where?

For example, I have a table with a title and a blob field with lots of text.
I need to be able to search in the blob field, but I don’t need the blob field to be transferred to the client to display in a grid, I just need to display the title.
I would like to avoid the overhead of sending the blob field with the result set.
Is that possible?
I’m using Delphi XE2 in combination with a relativity server.

I’m sorry, but I’m not sure that I understand correctly your question.

• if you need to use fields that aren’t included into table definition in dynamicwhere expressions, you can use AllowAllFieldsInDynamicWhere property.
  • if you want to filter rows in custom server method, you can manually create table data which will be send to client.
  • also is possible to write Null value in datastreamer events before serialization of field values at server-side.

Hi,
that’s exactly what I would like to do, but I’m using a relativity server to connect to.
Can this be done with a relativity server?

Maybe I should clarify just to be sure:

Table lay-out:

Title - nvarchar(50)
Description - nvarchar(max) -> contains large texts

In the client application, I only show the Title, but the user should be able to search the description field in the database for certain strings.
What I don’t want is to stream the Description field to the client, because this gives way to much overhead on the network and slows displaying of the results.
So, I would like to be able to search the field, but not include it in the resultset, using a relativity server, not a custom Delphi made server.

You can use Dynamic Select feature