XIB (for XCode) is not beeing updated (solved)

I started to explore Oxygene, System is Windows 7, x64 with a shared folder visible from a Mac. Crossbox all works alright, project compiles. Android apps worked great.

But the “Sync” feature from the project explorer does not update the XIB file. This happens in XOS and iOS projects. The project I tried was as simple as that:

type
[IBObject]
MainWindowController = public class(NSWindowController)
private
protected
public
method init: instancetype; override;
method windowDidLoad; override;

[IBOutlet] property myText : NSTextField ;
[IBOutlet] property myLabel : NSTextField;
[IBOutlet] property myButton : NSButton;
[IBAction] method buttonClick(sender : id); 

end;

I opened the XIB in Notepad++ to examine, and nothing was added.

Did anybody else had such a problem once? It must be a configuration issue. (I tried reinstalling of course.)

Julian

Xcode Sync is not supposed to update the xib itself, as that system no longer works in newer Xcode versions. Instead, it generates an xcodeproj project with a .h file and all the right infos. If you open that .xcodeproj in Xcode, you can edit your xib and make connections.

Thank You - I started as shown in the Video (Introducing “Nougat” - Oxygene for Cocoa) - at 5:50 the speaker “doubleclicks on the xib file”. Rather late I found the info about the xcodeproj file in http://www.elementswiki.com/en/Working_with_.xib_Files , maybe you can add a link to that wiki in the description of that video, since there are also other differences. (The project file is a bit hidden in the obj directory.)

Since I tried that xcodeproj before, maybe opening the xib already messed things up. I now tried on a fresh project and it works. Great!

One thing - does the crossbox let XCode save the current project before a Build in VisualStudio? I think if it does not, that would be a nice thing to have.

BTW - Remobjects support is superb, here and using e-mail!

Ah yes, looks like that videos outdated :(.My apologies for the confusion.

Cool.

It does not, currently, no. You’ll need to Save in Xcode manually. The whole Xcode process really is separate from CrossBox, as you launch Xcode directly on the local files. CrossBox doesn’t even know about that. In fact, CrossBox could be running on a different Mac :wink:

Thanx, that’s great to hear!

yours,
marc