64-bit question for legacy

I’m using the DA Legacy components (and select them on install), and have an odd thing. I’ve recently updated Delphi, and version 11 works fine, but version 12 has a problem finding uDABINAdapter but only for 64-bit. It builds fine for 32-bit. I can’t work out what the difference is, I’ve checked the paths and all look the same, so what might it be that Delphi isn’t doing, to get this file location or is something different in the installer for DA?

Thanks

Ah, sorry, sorted it, I added the legacy folder to the 64-bit library path in options, and that sorted it. Maybe the installer was meant to do this?

1 Like

Hi,

we don’t recommend to use Legacy components for new projects because they may incorrectly on x64 platform.

Ah, understood, that’s why it’s not added by the installer.

The ones I use are for a long-standing project. I use TDABINAdapter and TDACDSDataTable, which I use to create backup files of tables so people can send them to each other. I’ve always been loath to swap them for the updated ones, as it just works and there’s quite a bit to change (plus I would have to have old and new in parallel until we knew no-one had any old ones lying around).

Hi,

you can use briefcases for such purposes.