[70665 Closed] Oxygene 7.2.77.1621 in VS 2012 - Can't figure out where the compiler finds errors

The compiler shows me 4 errors but no locations. None of the code line is highligted, the error info is empty (file=’’, line=0). See the picture.

How do I resolve this?

This sounds like a compiler bug. You shroud always get an error location. Can you send us the project that shows this?

thanx.

Sorry, I cant. I’ll try to reduce the source , then maybe.

I kind of figure out the orrigin of the errors. I have this hierarchy:

Item = public class(AnotherNamespace.SomeClass) // AnotherNamespace referenced thru a dll

MyBaseClass(of T) = public class(Item)

MyClass(of T) = public class(MyBaseClass(of T)) where T is Item;

if I declare Item = public class(Object) (and comment out inherited methods) it compiles.

PS: I used ‘of T’ instead of the correct syntax since this edit window delete generic parameter.
Igor

Cool. it would still helps to fix the compiler bug, if we could get the whole project. You can email it to support@ and we will treat it confidential, for course.

—marc

I manage to create the skeleton of my classes in both namespaces. I get the same errors. They must be related with the assembly referencing.

I’ll send both projects to support@remobjects.com.

Thanks for the support.

Projects were sent.

@Leaeaxedx: The issue is the constructor being virtual; if you comment out virtual it works. Do you need class references/virtual constructors in this project?

%%$&!!##… No, I dont need virtual constructors at all. Just the habit from Delphi.

Thank you very much, It compiles now. Now I can continue with my work over the weekend.

Although It would be nice if a compiler would gives more info.

Have a nice weekend,

Igor

Right this shouldn’t happen; I’m working on fixing it now.

Was logged as: bugs://70665: Constraint not fulfiiled - no error location

bugs://70665 got closed as fixed for release Constitution Class