A Small Elements 8.2.89 Update

We've just pushed out a small interim update to our Elements 8.2.89 release from November; in fact, the second of two.

This update fixes an issue that crept up with the recently released Xcode 7.2, where the location of certain base libraries for the Cocoa SDKs had

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at http://blogs.remobjects.com/2015/12/22/a-small-elements-8-2-89-update/

I just tried to build a project I was working on the other day (where I had to modify Xcode by copying the 7.0.0 folder to allow Fire to work). It was working find in the very last version of Fire. It still builds fine in the latest Elements in VS (1909). However, in Fire 1909 I get the following errors:

/Users/jobrien/Source/UnitOOPS/Nougat/ConsoleApplication1/ConsoleApplication1/ConsoleApplication1.sln (Build) ->
(Build target) ->
/Users/jobrien/Source/UnitOOPS/Nougat/ConsoleApplication1/ConsoleApplication1/ConsoleApplication1.oxygene (default targets) ->
/Applications/Fire.app/Contents/Resources/XbuildTargets/RemObjects Software/Oxygene/RemObjects.Oxygene.Nougat.targets (GetTargetSDK target) ->

:  CrossBox error GetTargetSDKType: Could not load file or assembly or one of its dependencies.

/Users/jobrien/Source/UnitOOPS/Nougat/ConsoleApplication1/ConsoleApplication1/ConsoleApplication1.sln (Build) ->
(Build target) ->
/Users/jobrien/Source/UnitOOPS/Nougat/ConsoleApplication1/ConsoleApplication1/ConsoleApplication1.oxygene (default targets) ->
/Applications/Fire.app/Contents/Resources/XbuildTargets/RemObjects Software/Oxygene/RemObjects.Oxygene.Nougat.targets (CoreCompile target) ->

: error E0: Internal error: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

0 Warning(s)
         2 Error(s)

Hmm, weird. Every project or just this one? Can you turn msbuild logging to Diagnostic and post the full log? Thanx!

Reproduced. Investigating what happened; it seems that somehow a wrong (8.3 alpha) compiler got embedded into there Fire bundle, at least partially.

Ok. I guess I can go back to the previous release.

Thx.

i’m uploading a fixe build now. it’ll prolly be later tonight to have not published (slow upload, and i need to run in a few mins), but you can grab it via DropBox within the next 20 minutes or so. Please let me know of this one works for you.

No worries. Thanks. It’s still listed as uploading, but I’ll check it when I get to my home office later.

Up & published.

That works. Thanks.

1 Like

Still not sure how happened there, but somehow indeed a wrong compiler was embedded, at least partially… Sorry about that.