Access violation - Sample of remoting sdk (Time server)

Hello,
I have recently installed the remoting sdk(Paid version) with delphi 10.2, I have been trying to run the samples and they seem to throw different errors. For example when I run the timeserver and the time server client and click to obtain the server time through the client. The first error that pops up is “Invalid binary header. Either incompatible or not a binary message”, it follows up with another error “Time out reading server response” and sometimes a "Access violation at address some address in the timeserver_client.exe. Read of address 00000000."
Please advice on how to solve these issues, as they also pop up when I tried to create my own server and client.
Thank you in advance
Bests.
Nishita

do you have problem only with this sample only, or others ones also are failed?

Hello,
When I use the mega demo server for example, with the options of TCP, superTCP, WIndows messages communication protocol, I get a different kind of an error: “Error reading parameter A: Access violation at address 0069F236 in Module *MegaDemoServer.exe’. Read of address 00000000.” But this happens only when I run the test once. But over Http and super http, every thing seems to work fine.
So the kind of access violations are quite varied with different examples.

thx, I will retest these samples

can you specify what set of options generates problems with MegaDemo, pls?
from 1st look, it works as expected

I mean:

• client-side: protocol (bin/soap/etc) + channel type (http/wininet, supertcp/indy , etc) + test name
  • server-side: server type (like supertcp/indy )

also pls specify your version of ROSDK and version of MegaDemo (Code-First or RODL-based).

I can reproduce problems with TimeServer sample

Hello,
I am using the code-first version of MegaDemo with ROSDK 9.2.101.1295.
The access violation error occurs when I try to use TCP/Indy or Super TCP/Indy or windows message, when I try the test once, with their respective servers(tcp/indy, super tcp/indy and winmessage server) with all the message types.
When I try to run the HTTP/Indy with bin message, I obtain the error as in the picture.
Bests,
Nishita

Hi, I have also noticed that when activating the servers, I get this message in the log, "ZeroConf registration failed for HTTP server: Cannot load dnssd.dll library"
Let me know if this has something to do with the problems.
Thank you

Thanks, logged as bugs://78013

thanks.
I’ve reproduces AV. this error arises only if Auto message is set for these servers.
as a workaround, you can set specific message type (BIN/SOAP/etc) for these servers manually and reactivate servers.

I can’t reproduce this, but from message error - server returns JSON answer via BIN protocol

you haven’t installed Bonjour. if you don’t need this, this error can be ignored.

Thank you, I will try to do as you mentioned. But what about the time server demo app? And the first two error messages it pops up, in regards to binary header and time out, as mentioned in the first message.
More, over in this particular sample, only the bin message is used.
Thanks

it was also logged

bugs://78015 got closed with status fixed.

this issue was fixed. fix will be in next beta

Thank you.

bugs://78013 got closed with status fixed.

Problem with the TimeServer sample also was fixed

Is there a probable date for the next beta release? Thanks

we release it every Wednesday usually

beta was released