Add existing files at the folder level

(JohnMoshakis) #1

Hi,

05%20PM

Would it be possible to have add exiting files at the folder level as well ?

ViewModels is a folder in my project. It has new file but not add existing files

Cheers,
John

(marc hoffman) #2

i removed this just a few weeks ago, because it was confusing. when you add an existing file, it will automatically show in the proper place in the hierarchy.

(JohnMoshakis) #3

Oh. I have enough files in a project that it takes a bit of scrolling to move up to the Files item and right click on that. I’ve always added files from files and had never noticed that it existed on the folder as well. Ive been using that so it seemed logical that add existing would also be present.

(marc hoffman) #4

Yeah, it was there, but. a few weeks back someone reported that after they used it and browsed for files elsewhere, they didn’t see them in the project (coz they were on a different folder).

Note that you can also just drag files in from Finder — really the easiest way to add them; TBH I never use Add Existing File, myself…

(JohnMoshakis) #5

Would it be possible to drag a folder as well ? Currently it adds the folder but not the files inside it. Also if I then try and drag the files themselves, I get 2 folders with the same name but with 1 containing the files.