Am I misunderstanding code generation for .NET Core applications?

I’m in the process of moving an application to use .NET Core. The application operates as a RemObjects server and has been built in Visual Studio 2017. I have added a reference to the .NET Standard version of the SDK into the project but have been having some difficulty with code generation.

If I generate code within VS, via “Update Interface Files” it generates an “_Impl” for each service as well as an “_Intf” and an “_Invk”.

If I generate code via the service builder, selecting “Code Gen → C# For .NET → All Files”, it generates four files. These are the “_Intf”, the “_Invk”, a single “_Impl” for all services (I have looked through and they are all in there) and a server access unit.

Neither method creates code I can use, for different reasons though.

With the first method, I appear to be missing one or more assemblies.

CS0234: "The type or namespace name ‘ClassFactories’ does not exist in the namespace ‘RemObjects.SDK.Server’ (are you missing an assembly reference?)
Along with many similar messages. It’s clearly able to find many of the necessary assemblies and classes, but not all.

Perhaps I am using the wrong dll?

C:\Program Files (x86)\RemObjects Software\RemObjects SDK for .NET\Bin.NETStandard\RemObjects.SDK.dll
It’s also possible, of course, that I’ve set everything up wrong…

With the second method the code generated has syntax I’m unaware of. For example, using the SB to generate a “NewLibrary” project produces the following:

using RemObjects.SDK;

namespace Namespace
{
public class ServerAccess
{
private static ServerAccess? _instance;

public static ServerAccess! Instance
  {
  	get
  	{
  		if (ServerAccess._instance == null)
  			ServerAccess._instance = new ServerAccess();
  		return ServerAccess._instance!;
  	}
  }

private System.String! _serverUrl;

public System.String! ServerUrl
  {
  	get
  	{
  		return this._serverUrl!;
  	}
  }

public ServerAccess()
  {
  	this._serverUrl = "http://yourserver.example.com:8099/bin";
  }

}

}

The exclamation marks (points) on various lines (9, 15 and 19 for example) appear to be used in a manner similar to the question mark used to indicate a nullable type? I’m not certain of the meaning. Again though, it may just be my lack of experience with the language and the RemObjects SDK in general.

Can anyone point me in the direction of some assistance with any of this?
Cheers.

.NET Core is not supported as a server platform, at least in the current release

Ah, seems I misread the notes in an article about it. Thanks for the info.

bugs://80531 got closed with status fixed.