ASP.NET Core Mercury in Visual Studio - two minor annoyances

Version 11.0.0.2721

There are two minor annoyances when using ASP.NET Core Mercury projects in Visual Studio 2019. I wonder if there is anything that can be done about them.

1. In the Solution Explorer, the .cshtml.vb file is not nested under the .cshtml file. So the files look like this:

Instead of like this:

1. When editing a *.cshtml file (at least with Razor Pages, not sure about other kinds), Visual Studio reports errors on everything with “@” Razor syntax, like so:

This page compiles and works fine, so it is not a big deal. Just a bit annoying.

Both of these examples were recreated by simply creating a new Mercury “ASP.NET Core Empty Web Application” project in Visual Studio 2019.

By the way, it was a delight to grab the latest version of Elements last night and see the fixes from my reports last weekend. Very much appreciated!

–Avonelle

1 Like

Logged as bugs://E25762: VS: nest *.cshtml.vb under *.cshtml

Logged as bugs://E25763: VS: Editor shows @ Razor syntax as error

Happy to hear that!

Say, I was looking through the change log for the 3/18 build (.2723), and I noticed this:

• E25763: Editor shows @ Razor syntax as error in .cshtml files

However, after downloading and installing this, I am still seeing this issue.

BUT the other issue mentioned in this post appears to be fixed:

Which makes me wonder if somehow the wrong ticket got flagged as fixed?

–Avonelle

Since the issue isn’t closed yet, i assume the build contains partial fixes for this, with more work to be done.

Okay, groovy. Just didn’t want it to get lost in the shuffle, if it was a mix-up.

–Avonelle

1 Like

bugs://E25762 was closed as fixed.