Auotcompletion issues (slowdown, overzealous matching) in Visual Studio code editor

I. In build 10.0.0.2293 I remember experiencing very little delay typing in VS 2015 code editor using most project templates, except for the Silver-Island template for which there are REALLY long pauses when typing code.

Now, in builds 2309 and 2311, I seem to start noticing longer delays when typing code using the Silver-.NET-Winforms template.

Have there been changes that might have caused this slowdown or is this just due to subjective impression/imagination?

Is there a way for end-users to edit Intellisense Silver/Swift parsing and perhaps help make it more efficient (if that is indeed the reason for slowdowns)?

II. Another really annoying VS autocomplete-related behavior is the tendency when typing v,a,r, on a new line to have that keep getting auto-completed to System.Runtime.InteropServices.VARDESC

Is there a way to prevent this from happening?

After further observation, it seems that just typing spaces continually on a new line seems to invoke autocomplete so that holding down the space key to print out multiple spaces takes forever to get a reaction from the editor. Example would be the line below.

var brush = LinearGradientBrush(self.ClientRectangle,
                        )

while I was typing spaces to move the parentheses more to the right, the completion listbox kept showing with selection LinearGradientBrush and its neighbors coming up in the list.

Below is another example of overzealous/erroneous auto-completion behavior. Upon typing x, the autocompletion list pops up (unnecessarily), and the moment you type in a comma it infuriatingly replaces in X500DistinguishedName… instead of giving you the comma. Not to mention the slowdown as it seems to try to find a match for nearly every character you type…

I see the same problems (2309) in Oxygene.

Thanks, logged as bugs://80695

bugs://80695 got closed with status fixed.