Best way to distribute <service_name>Library_Intf.pas file after changes in a service

Hello,

I have a service running. There are 10 another developers who are writing their applications in Delphi based on the service. So, they include in the source code the <service_name>Library_Intf.pas.

Then I do some changes in the service, e.g. adding new methods, what would be the best way to distribute the changed <service_name>Library_Intf.pas among these developers? What approach would you recommend and how do you handle things like that?

Best regards!

you can use any distributed version control system like git, svn, etc.

:slight_smile: I mean, how can I automatically generate these files? Now, I am using the IDE to generate *.remoteRODL, *_Intf.pas and *_ServerAccess.pas. How can I do it automated?

you can use rodl2code.exe. this is cmd-line tool.

:slight_smile: I found this tool yesterday!

One more question, if I do an import in the IDE, three files are created: .remoteRODL, _Intf.pas and _ServerAccess.pas.

Could you please provide an example with all needed parameters to generate the same files using rodl2code.exe? Thank you for your help!

for generating _intf you can use

rodl2code.exe my.rodl --type:intf --platform:delphi

Thx!

It there an option for creating the _ServerAccess.pas?

I thought it was there, but apparently not; will look at adding it ASAP.

It would be great! Thank you in advance!

Hi Marc,

have you implemented the generation of the _ServerAcccess? When will be the feature available?

Best regards!

Long done iirc?

Yes, this was added August 12: https://github.com/remobjects/ROCodeGen/commit/a61cb9a292c560a18b326d37eabd934f2356e39c

Indeed! How can I build/compile the source? Or where can I have the last version of the executable?

this is in the latest beta builds.

okay, thank you!

Is it possible to add a feature to rodl2code.exe to replace the default SERVER_URL http://yourserver.example.com:8099/bin by the SERVER_URL from which the source file is generated and to define the protocol type (bin, json-rpc etc.)?

the generated files have in its unit-names the following text:

_Intf.pas
unit ./<name>

_ServerAccess
unit ./<name>.pas;

Is it possible to pass a folder path for the generated files?

Could you reproduce this case?

can you specify what cmd line was used ?

why you can’t move files into required folder with batch script?
it can be like

rodl2code.exe my.rodl --type:intf --platform:delphi
move *.pas  myfolder